Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Kavishkumar Bhekharee (Mauritius) - Civil Engineering



Hello, my name is Kavishkumar Bhekharee, I’m 20 years old. I’m from Goodlands village in Mauritius Island. I went to Mapou State Secondary School and I’m currently enrolled in the Civil Engineering Technology programat Algonquin College in Ottawa. I’m actually doing my second semester.


First and foremost, I chose to do the Civil Engineering program because it is basically one of the best programs we may find in colleges. Civil Engineering Technologists are also in great demand all across Canada. And, I chose Algonquin College because it is a highly recognised college as well as one of the best colleges in Ottawa. Algonquin College is found in the capital city of Canada which is a very huge advantage for international students because there are many facilities and we get everything.


So far, my studies are going on pretty well. I adore Ottawa very much because it is a small city and the people here are very nice. Also, the winter in Ottawa is pretty cool…. Anyway, I started loving the winter in Canada.

I would highly recommend people to come study at Algonquin College. 

With departmental approval, Kavish will complete two optional paid full-time co-op work terms during the Spring/Summer months. Co-op education involves alternating periods of academic studies with paid work experience in the appropriate field. 

Algonquin Centre for Construction Excellence (ACCE)

Students at the Algonquin College Civil Engineering program focus on advanced topics including project administration, civil estimating, design of steel structures, and highway and environmental engineering. In addition, students broaden their skills in other civil engineering sub-disciplines, such as statics, structural analysis, hydraulics, GIS, water and waste water technology and geotechnical materials. This porgram is offered at the Algonquin Centre for Construction Excellence (ACCE) where other programs such as the Applied Bachelor of Building Science, Bachelor of Applied Arts - Interior Design, Architectural Technology, Electrical Engineering and the postgraduate certificate in Green Architecture are offered. 


No comments:

Post a Comment